Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tested

April 16, 2013

Today was my first day at work since Travis left and it felt so strange to go into work without spending some time with him in the morning. I did get to talk to him a few minutes when I called to make sure he was awake and that was nice. I got to work early, opened the cafe and the day started off really good. All in all it was a good day. The only hard part was when I knew he had his lunch break but I couldn't talk to him! On a few occasions throughout the day I thought about the times Travis had come into my work for this and that but I kept remember when he brought flowers to my work on Valentines day and that made me smile! :)


Travis and his sweet flower arrangement for me on Valentines day

Travis had a day full of tests, poor thing! He got to talk to his brother on his break which I know is nice for him. I talked to him after he got out of class while he was on the bus back to his hotel. This was the first stressful conversation so far! He told me that he tomorrow he had a test on combinations and that if he didn't pass it he would be sent home. He talked to me for the rest of his bus ride and I didn't talk to him again until right before I went to sleep. We were only able to talk long enough to say goodnight. That was so hard to do but I am so proud of him for studying so hard!


Apparently this is what combinations means, who knew

So all afternoon I was stressing and worrying about the fact that he was stressing and worrying about this test. It was so hard to keep from having too much concern in my voice for him. That was the main tip Beth, my sister-in-law, gave me about him being gone, never let him know if you are upset, stressed or worried because it will cause him to be upset. I am so glad I knew this ahead of time and was able to pull myself together and stay positive for him. I knew he could do it and I just told him that he could do it and gave him all of my love and encouragement. I'm sure tomorrow will go by so slow waiting to hear from him about the test! 
During all of my stressing Beth was having her own stress! She and JP have been trying to decide whether he should stay with the company he is working for now or buy his own truck and be an owner operator. They had almost decided for him to buy from one company and had started making plans about how to get him from the yard when he returned his current truck. After JP spoke witch his trainer from his training days (six years ago) they decided not to go with buying a truck from that company. So Beth and I were both running around like chickens with our heads cut off and stressing to high heaven! I felt that a glass of wine was due and I thoroughly enjoyed it! 


After that I was ready for bed! I curled up and talked to Travis for that brief moment and then had to call my Mom and vent. I am so thankful for having her to talk to! She is always there to listen and lend a piece of advice. I asked her to put in a prayer request with her prayer team for a calming spirit for both Travis and me and she wrote a beautiful email request. She always goes above and beyond what I ask! Thanks Mom!

I'm anxiously looking forward to the results of his test tomorrow. I know he can ace it!


No comments:

Post a Comment