Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Anything that can go Wrong will go Wrong

April 29, 2013

It was a miracle when I finally got through to Travis this morning to wake him up. The crappy service up there is going to drive me insane before its over with! I wished him luck on his CDL test and I went back to sleep for an hour before getting up for work. I didn't have to be in until eight.

Today I was working in the kitchen which is different but I do enjoy it. I was working with Matt on the grill and Erich on sandwiches. I was on salads. The other times I had worked in the kitchen salads were easy so I was looking forward to a smooth sailing day. Our new dishwasher who was scheduled to start today didn't show up. So we had to move the second person from up front back onto dishes. It didn't get any better from there! 

Jane didn't come in to take a lunch delivery like she said she would so Debbie from up front had to take it while Angie (our replacement dishwasher) took her place up front. So we were short two people during the busiest part of lunch. You would think that was the end of it but now. Salads were selling like crazy and I could hardly keep up. It didn't help that I had a sore throat all day and had no time to stop and get something to drink. 

Angie tripped and fell shortly after the lunch rush with a tray full of glasses. She cut her arms and hands and messed her knees up. The rest of the day was spent trying to finish the stocking for the next day and cleaning up all while trying to keep up with orders that were coming in. Of course there were some stragglers who didn't come in until ten til three (we close at three). 

When I finally had a free second I texted Travis to see how his test went. Unfortunately he didn't pass. He told me that he was ok and would tell me about it later when I could talk. He said he gets to retake it on Wednesday so that is good. I called him when I finally got out of work and he told me that he took the whole test and the guy told him when he got done that he had failed. He said that he only did one thing wrong but that it was an automatic fail. He had two tires go over the line in the middle of the road. You are allowed one to go over but not the second. The guy told him that was the only thing he did wrong. 

It sucks that he has to take the test over but I was so proud that he only missed that one part. I was also very happy that he was ok with it all. When I first got his text I was just so upset that I couldn't be there and encourage him and give him a hug. I was just glad that he was ok.

I ran a few errands after work. I got home to find sweet Zoe all curled up on my bed. That made me feel a little better after the long day I'd had. I had dinner and a few drinks and chatted with Travis for a while. My throat was hurting most of the evening so I took a shot of bourbon to numb it and headed to bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment