Friday, April 19, 2013

Pizza Pizza

April 18, 2013

I started my day off by giving Travis his daily wake up call again, 4:15 sure seems earlier and earlier. It was one of my coworkers birthday today and when I got to work I noticed that the food delivery man had put our entire deliver (including freezer stuff) on the floor in front of the stove/oven. This was her unit and I knew it would put a damper on the start to her day. I started to take the boxes to the freezer and realized I had no clue where the key to the freezer was! When she got to work she was so upset and I was able to calm her down and even able to help her put it away thanks to the new girl being up front and able to do my job! It took my mind off some of my stress to help her with hers.

The morning at work was not an easy one but I made it through. I was so excited to get a message from Travis during his break to tell me he had passed his test. It was so much better to find out then than having to wait until he was done with school like yesterday. I even got to joke with him in a few texts while we weren't busy at work. It made the rest of my day feel like a breeze!

Just before lunch another coworker brought a birthday cake for the birthday girl and we sang happy birthday and had cake. We were all just ooing and aaahhing that he had thought to do that on his day off no less. It was a turtle ice cream cake and mmmm was it yummy!



Once work was over I was all ready to get home, change clothes and go grocery shopping. I was looking forward to it all day. My sweet Mom stopped by to say hello when I was leaving work and we chatted for a few minutes. Then I was on my way. I had to yield and wait to turn on the interstate on ramp and of course when I pressed the gas nothing happened. The car still had power, there was half a tank of gas, it wasn't running hot and it made no sense. I pulled onto the shoulder called Beth to get her to come pick me up after I got a tow and started to panic. I tried to crank it not expecting it to work and thank God it did. I made it home safely! I thought I deserved a little Zoe cuddle time before heading to the store!


Beth and the boys took me to the grocery store. When we got there I realized that I didn't have the money I thought I did! Of course it wouldn't be that easy! So I got a few things and we decided to just pick up Little Caesar's for dinner. Travis called while we were waiting for the pizza. We were only able to talk for a few minutes. He has to study again tonight :( This time he is studying air brakes. I decided it would be best to not tell him about the car since it was ok now. Just enjoyed my talk with him!

This is an air brake diagram

We got home and pigged out on pizza. So yummy yummy pizza pizza! After the delicious dinner I tried to find someone to come take a look at the car with no luck. Decided to just run it into a shop in the morning since I don't work until two. Chatted with Beth most of the evening and then watched Wes, my oldest nephew and Zoe play. I got to talk to Travis and text with him a little more than the past few nights and then it was bed time!


No comments:

Post a Comment