Sunday, April 28, 2013

Memories

April 26, 2013

Today was a little bit harder without Travis than any other day so far. It's been six years today since my Dad passed away. It was very strange to not have him around on a day like that. It's not that I was incredibly upset it just reminds me and makes me remember him more which always tugs at my heart strings. The added emotions of Travis being gone made this year a little harder. 

I did get to sleep in today though since I didn't have to work until 3:00. I woke up around 11:00 and got myself ready so I could go to the store. Right after I got out of the shower Jane called me to say that she needed me to come in as soon as possible to work in the cafe before the catering. So I didn't get to go to the store after all. I got ready and went to work. I was so frustrated to have to go in and close and clean up someone elses mess but I got it done.

Then I had to cook the chicken and load the van for the catering tonight. We did the first annual Taste of Fort Mill. We got to the site around 4:30 and we were soooooo early. We had everything set up by 5:00 and the event started at 6:00. The set up was beautiful. It was on the lawn of a country club overlooking the golf course. We had one of the best spots for sure.


We were at that closest corner table

Since we were ready so early I was able to talk to Travis after he got out of school. They had spent the day practicing driving and he was feeling pretty confident. He told me that Saturday and Sunday would be orientation so he wouldn't get anymore practice before testing started on Monday. He said that the testing would be at random so he wouldn't know if he would be testing Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday until he got there on Monday morning. He was somewhat nervous about not having extra days of practice this weekend but I told him he would be fine. I reminded him about how easily it all had come to him and that calmed him a little.

It was such a classy event and was very well put together. All of the proceeds went to The Palmetto Home, a local home for children. There was about 400 people that came by our table. We had Chicken Satay and a Cheese Tray. After the event we were loading the van and the guys who had a wine table offered us some wine so we had a glass before we finished loading the van. (shhh don't tell) We even did the cha cha slide! 



I had so many memories floating through my head of my Dad all evening. The DJ started out by playing my Dad's kind of music so it felt like he was there with me. I had this calm air about me all night!

My sweet Daddy :)

I ended up getting home around 11:30 finally. I have to open Saturday at 6:30 so that was very late. I was hoping to go to sleep right after I got changed and ready for bed but it didn't work out that way! I tossed and turned for about two hours. Tonight was the first night that it really hit me. I miss Travis so much and one of the hardest parts about it is not having him beside me in bed at night. I was cold and lonely feeling so it just made me miss him even more. I am honestly surprised that I made it two weeks before feeling that! I finally nodded off around one thank goodness because it will be an early morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment