Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ant Bites

April 23, 2013

Today was my day off and boy was it hard to wake up to call Travis this morning but I did it! Of course I went right back to sleep. I didn't wake up until 9:30 and was slow moving getting ready. The only thing that got me motivated to get going was that I was sending Travis care package out today. Got myself ready and headed out to run errands around eleven.

I got to the post office just in time. I grabbed my if it fits it ships box, filled it with his goodies and taped it shut. I had to wait a little while in line to pay and send it but got it out in time to where it will get to him on Thursday! I am so excited for him to get it because he has no idea!

 His awesome care package

I headed to the mechanic that Beth's dad suggested. When I found it they were closed. I tried to call the number on their sign twice because the hours said they were open. I figured they were probably on lunch break so I went to an old favorite lunch spot, the J&M. I ordered a BLT (which was awesome) and a Cherry Lemon Sundrop Slushie. It turned out the guy in the kitchen was one of my good friends younger brothers so I had him say hello to her and their parents for me. While I was waiting on my food he asked me why I was on that side of town and I told him to go to this mechanic. He said talk to him, pointing to the guy on the stool next to me. It turned out he was the mechanic I was waiting on and I ended up chatting with him about the car while we ate lunch. I also got to talk to Travis for a few minutes while I ate. He hadn't gotten his turn driving yet so no fun stories on the call.

Amazingness

I went back to the shop and he looked at my car. He took his time with it and looked at it all by hand and checked everything to be sure my car was ok. I had told him that I didn't know much about cars but he said I knew more than most! I felt pretty proud of that. Guess that's what two brothers and a former tow truck driver husband gets you! He said everything looked good but that he wanted me to check the oil each morning for a week just to be safe. He suggested using a fuel injection cleaner and keeping a quart of oil in my trunk just in case. So after I left there I got both things and stopped by Aldi to pick up a pizza for everyone for dinner and headed home.

I got home in time to ride with Beth to go pick Wes up from school. He was all happy getting in the car because he had a good day. Wes started to play with Zoe when we came home but we had to leave almost immediately to go to the in-laws. JP needed his contract from a company he had previously worked for. The company did not show up on his DAC report but he had put them on his work history so he needed proof that he had worked there. Beth had to search for his contract in their files. They ended up having to get his contract from the labor board. He had gone to the labor board with this company when he left because they wouldn't pay him. That actually ended up helping him.


 We had to go to Walgreens after leaving the in-laws because we had left so quickly we forgot to get a diaper and David needed one. While we were walking around I started to feel something biting me. I ran to the bathroom and it turned out a fire ant had gotten in my pants and crawled all the way up and I had about ten bites! Couldn't believe that happened. After that we went home and had dinner.

I got to talk to Travis for a few minutes after he got out of school. He was happy because his roommate, who was ahead of him in school, passed his CDL test today. That meant he was moving out which is good because he is a jerk. Travis study buddy whose name is Cooper is moving in the room tomorrow. Travis said he got some good practice driving on the interstate today but that he feels like turning is his only weakness right now. I told him that he would have time to practice it and not to worry! I am so proud of the progress he has made!

Beth and I sat up watching blooper reels from different news stations to get a laugh. We had a little snack and then I headed to bed. I talked to Travis for a few minutes before bed and then I was out like a trout!





No comments:

Post a Comment