Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Master Chief

April 22, 2013

Today was super easy to wake Travis up. He answered on the second ring. That was a great way to start out my day! I got up after calling him which is actually thirty minutes early for me. I wanted to check the oil again before going to work. I stopped at the QT gas station where it was bright to check it and get a monster. It was still ok so I headed on to work and got there super early!

For a Monday work was insanely busy. We had a new dishwasher and I was the only one working up front so it made for an interesting day. I actually finished everything with closing on time though so that was good. I would have been out of work by 3:10 but Jane wanted me to countdown the registers and talk about a catering this week so I didn't get to leave until 3:50. 

When I finally got out of work I headed straight to Precision to get my money back. I spoke with the lady at the desk and explained to her that I had my oil changed on Tuesday but that there was no oil in my car and no leak. She asked if she could check it so I went to the car with her and let her. Her only response was "Yes that is low." No apology, not even a crappy excuse. She gave me my money back and I said thanks see ya never!! I was very happy I only had to deal with one person because if I had to tell the story again I would have probably gotten mad. 

I went straight to the Take 5 oil place Beth had used last week. I told him the situation and he had me pull in. That place was amazing. You don't have to get out of your car and they give you a free drink. They have a fountain soda machine and water bottles. The guy spent about twenty minutes looking at my car, filled the oil up, gave me a water bottle and ran a diagnostic on it. After all that he said everything that he could check there looked good but that he would feel better if I would take it to a mechanic tomorrow and get a second opinion. He gave me two recommendations on where to go and didn't charge me a dime! He just said I'm so sorry that happened and to come to them next time. I tried to give him a tip for his hard and diligent work but he wouldn't even accept it! So basically if you need an oil change go there!

I ran a few other errands after that then headed home. I was so happy to tell Travis that the car was basically taken care of. I got to talk to him for thirty minutes tonight which was the longest we have talked yet. He told me how he was just so exhausted from twelve hours of school a day seven days a week but he was so motivated to do this that he was ok with it. He was so sweet and thanked me for working while he was gone to support us. It meant so much to me to hear him say that! He is such a sweet heart. We talked about his driving instructor who as it turns out wasn't as much of a dick as everyone said. He is a hard a** but in a good way. He is making them really learn the material. They have to write out the pre-trip inspection (about a hundred point inspection) three times and the break check they have to write ten times. He said it's frustrating but worth the work because he will know it for the road test. He found out that the teacher is a former Master Chief from the military. He and I both immediately thought about Halo (a video game whose main characters name is Master Chief) and got a laugh out of it.

 This is what I thought of when he said Master Chief

Beth and I had Sweet Baby Rays BBQ for dinner and some grape salad. It was a random dinner but it was good. I had a few glasses of wine and stayed up a bit later than usual to enjoy my night off so it's bed time!





2 comments:

  1. Glad you got things worked out for the car!! I'll go to Take 5 for my next oil change!

    ReplyDelete