Saturday, April 20, 2013

But I Passed

April 19, 2013

I got to sleep in today and it was glorious. Travis called me around nine to tell me about his test results. He had taken the last test for his CDL permit that morning at the BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles). He sounded so discouraged when he called that I didn't know what to do. He said the test was full of bull s*** trick questions and it was just so hard. Then he said "but I passed!" I was so proud all I could say was oh my gosh I'm so proud of you! He now has his CDL permit and his temporary Indiana drivers license. Now he is on to the driving and hands on learning!

While he was waiting for the shuttle bus at the BMV we talked for about twenty minutes which was the longest we had talked throughout the week. He said that it was very cold so he went to the store across the road to get a toboggan. It snowed shortly after he got back to the hotel. He sent me the first picture of him since he left in his new toboggan!

 Look at that sexy face!

I went ahead and got ready and set up all my stuff for work tonight before heading to the grocery store. I was in such a good mood it and it was a beautiful morning. The only thing that put a damper on my trip was that I was hungry. I bought a little more junk than I should have! I didn't run the car anywhere because my brother is coming to look at it tomorrow so I ended up having time to come home and eat a quick lunch before heading to work.

 Yummy Salami Sandwich and Olives

Then I had to head into work. Beth gave me a ride since I would be home very late so I wouldn't have to risk it with the car. She was on her way to drop the boys at her parents and head to pick up JP in Tennessee. When I got in Jane, my boss, immediately had me rushing around to finish the cooking and set up. I had to make Asparagus wrapped in phyllo, finish the bruscetta, cook the chicken sate and glaze it and set up all of the sauces. I think Jane thought I would move slower because at first she was freaking out and having me rush around but we were done an hour early. The fact that we were early helped in the long run because it started storming and pouring down rain just in time for us to load the van. By the time it was loaded and ready to go I was drenched. It was very good I decided to bring my makeup with me because I looked like a wet dog!

So we had the van all loaded and had to make a stop at Harris Teeter for a few things. While Jane was in there getting the things we needed Travis called to say he was out of class. I got to chat with him for about fifteen minutes while I waited in the van. He said that they had practiced driving forward and backing up all afternoon and he had so much fun. I was so happy I got to talk to him before my catering. Two long conversations on one very good day turned it into an amazing day!

The catering went great. It was a twenties themed fundraiser and everyone loved the food. I was bar tending on the side porch. The house was built in the twenties and it was strange to see the period decorated house full of people in period clothing. I felt as though I'd gone back in time! The patio had a pond right beside it and a little waterfall. It was so peaceful listening to it all night. 


The end of the night got very tiring standing on the brick patio all night and finally it was time to leave. We went back to the cafe, unloaded the van and my Mom was there to help us as well. We got it unloaded quick and Mom and I came back to my house for an impromptu sleepover. So Mom and I got home and we talked for a few hours which was a blessing. I am so thankful to have her and also Beth to keep me sane. But now it's bed time! I am so very exhausted tonight and 4:15 will get here very quickly!



No comments:

Post a Comment