Sunday, April 28, 2013

Catering like Crazy

April 25, 2013

Today started out easily because I got Travis up on the first try. He was nervous about his driving evaluation today. I told him that I loved him and was so proud of all that he has done for us. I let him know that whatever the outcome I loved him but that I knew he would do amazing. I went back to sleep because I didn't have to be at work until 9:00 which was nice. 

When I got to work I had to immediately start on a lunch catering. There were thirty sandwiches to make. It wouldn't take that long if you could line up all thirty in a row but you only have space to do five at time so it took about a little over an hour. Jane went to deliver that and I started prepping for the Low Country Boil we had that night. I had to cut up 300 pieces of sausage, put the salad and salad bar toppings on platters, make cocktail sauce and ranch, cut lemons and make lemon rind curls and get it loaded in the van. It didn't help that Jane was rushing me the whole time. I couldn't figure out why she was rushing me so much and it turned out she was leaving to drop stuff off two hours earlier than I thought. What sucked about that was that she left me to close the restaurant before coming to the catering.


Lemon Rind Curls

 She had me load her Expidition with the tea and lemonade for the party. I had to drive it to the site which was interesting considering our car is a Honda Accord. I made it there without freaking out thankfully although I felt like I was driving a monster truck! When I got there and unloaded the car we started the set up and Jane had to send me to Wal-mart to get pushpins to hold in the little lantern lights she wanted to put around the table. So I went and did that and while I was in Wal-mart I got a chance to talk to Travis when he got out class. He passed his evaluation and he was so happy. I was so excited for him and proud of him. He also was excited because he didn't have any homework tonight. It was nice to have some extra time to be able to talk to him.

The awesome salad bar and the nautical themed lights I had to pin to the table

We finished setting up the salad bar and drink table when I got back then Jane's friend Allen did the low country boil. It got done just in time and turned out perfect. It looked, smelled and tasted wonderful! The whole event went very well and we were able to get everything loaded and get back to the cafe by nine. 


Low Country Boil


I got to talk to Travis one more time before he went to bed and then I stayed up a little later since I didn't have to go in until 3:00. It was good I decided to stay up because Beth needed me to stay with Randall and David. Wes had a sore throat and his tonsils were swollen so she took him to the ER. He did have strep throat it turned out. She didn't get home until about four in the morning! Poor thing! I left the door open in case the other two needed me and Zoe loved it because she got to explore the whole house all night! I did finally go to bed around midnight and I was out!

No comments:

Post a Comment