Monday, April 29, 2013

Pouring Rain

April 28, 2013

I slept until Travis called me on his lunch break at 11:30 today and it was amazing! I got to talk to Travis for about ten minutes too so that made it even better. That was the best start to a day I'd had all week! 

It was raining outside like crazy which was an unwelcome surprise considering I had to go to the laundry mat. Normally I wouldn't do laundry on a rainy day buy all of my work clothes were dirty so alas it was off to the apartments laundry mat I went. When I was about to get dressed and go Beth offered to put them in the wash for me if I would watch the boys while she ran a few errands. I said ok because it was one less trip in the rain for me!


Watching Scooby Doo

The boys and I watched Scooby Doo and played with their wrestling men. Beth called right after leaving and said she had gotten the call that she could go pick up the boys new kittens. She went to the store and got food and supplies before picking them up. Once she had them she let me know she was on her way. I had the boys clean up all of their toys and get seated on the floor to wait for their surprise. It was so cute!


So excited about the kittens

They played with them for a while but I had to go put my clothes in the dryer. I decided to take the trash out when I went and I had barely gotten halfway to my car and I was already drenched. I decided to run put the clothes in the dryer then take the trash. I went to the QT gas station after the trash, got myself a soda and just waited at the laundry mat for my clothes to dry. I didn't want to come back to the house until I had clean clothes to put on after my shower.


David just chillin

By the time I came home and got my shower Travis was almost out of orientation for the day. We talked for about fifteen minutes about his day. He was excited because his overall average on the tests they had in orientation was 92%. On one of the tests he was the only one to make a 100! I was so proud! He had his dinner and shower and we texted for a while. It was nice that he didn't have homework so we could actually talk.

Beth cooked dinner tonight. She made Hamburger Steak, Teryaki Rice and Mac and Cheese. It was the first real meal I had eaten since Wednesday. I hadn't had time to eat with all the working I was doing. Dinner really hit the spot!



She got the boys in bed and we introduced Zoe to the new kittens. We decided to do it a little bit at a time. She was so curious about what was in the laundry room (that's where Beth is keeping the kittens for now) but once she found out she didn't like it at all. Beth said Zoe was thinking like a cat from a kids movie the boys have and saying "These are my humans!" She is just a little jealous to not be the only cat anymore poor thing.



Travis had gone to bed early so I stayed up to get caught up on the blog and then went to bed. I don't have to wake up until 6:30 tomorrow which sadly is later than usual for work. I couldn't stop playing Candy Crush so I didn't get to bed until midnight but hey sometimes candy needs to get crushed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment