Monday, May 13, 2013

Out With The Trainer!

May 11, 2013

I opened up at work today and it went well. I was done early so I was going to do a bit of extra cleaning. When I went to grab the paper towel roll I noticed that there was a giant (and I mean giant) furry brown spider. That freaked me out for about twenty minutes! I had no idea where it went because it was way to fast to smush. Shortly after that Ashley came in and we started getting busy for breakfast very early today. Our breakfast rush lasted three hours and it was insane! It was the busiest breakfast I have ever seen in the nine months that I have worked there. People were having to take their food to go because we had no more tables!

Finally breakfast was over but then we had to get together a lunch catering really quickly. Luckily it was only ten items so we got them out really quick and were finally able to take a break! Lunch wasn't any busier than a normal Saturday so that was nice. We also actually had a dining room person so we didn't have to worry about anything but closing our area! Love days like that. Especially since I had to leave Ashley at 2:30 to deliver that catering. I got a text from Travis at 12:30 that he was about to get on the truck with his trainer! I was so excited for him! I told him to have fun and wished him good luck! 

My sexy husband in the truck

The rest of the afternoon went well and I was able to get most of the closing done for Ashley before I left. I left a tiny bit early since I had never driven the van before. Man that thing is so shaky and bouncy! I was going five under the speed limit the whole time! When I got to the address I about flipped out because the driveway was a mile long gravel road! I felt like I was going to bounce into the ceiling with all of the bumps and I was so worried about the food in the back! I made it to the end of the driveway and unloaded the food. I was in and out really quick! She was very pleased with how the fruit tray looked and that made me feel really good. I was so happy to make it back to the cafe and get out of that van that I took an "I survived" picture!!!


After that I finished up the closing and got Ashley all set up to deliver the chocolate covered strawberries. Then I headed home to set Zoe up for the night and get my stuff packed to spend the night with my Mom. Me, my Mom and Joseph went to Publix toget me something for dinner. I got a Bourbon Salmon Fillet from the butcher and they already had veggies to cook. We rented a movie from Redbox and headed back to her house. We started on dinner after we got home. My salmon was amazing and Mom did an awesome job on the vegetables!


We started the movie while we ate dinner. Travis called me around nine. They were done for the night. He had driven 267 miles just in that short time! He told me they were in Youngstown, OH on their way to Massachusetts. His trainers name is Tony and he had bought him dinner so that was awesome! We talked for a little bit and I let my Mom open her Mother's Day present while I had Travis on the phone. I had tried to pick a funny card so that she wouldn't cry but she still did of course! She liked her gift! I told Travis goodnight and we went back to the movie.


I finished my blog (barely) and tried to finish the movie. My eyes started to get really heavy around 10:30 so it was bed time! It had been a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment