Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

May 12, 2013

Woke up today to a call from my sweet husband! Talked to him for a little while before they headed out to Massachusetts. I went in the kitchen to wish my amazingly wonderful Mom a happy Mother's Day! She was cooking breakfast for us. She even made decaf coffee so that I could have some too! That's how awesome she is, that's her day and she made us breakfast!


We ate our breakfast and finished the movie that I fell asleep during last night. It was so stupid! It was that new Wayan's brothers Paranormal Activity spoof. After that we watched Silver Linings Playbook which was AMAZING! I have got to go buy that movie! I laughed and cried, it was so sweet. I had intended to leave her house at two so that I could go home, check on Zoe, get my shower and go to the store before we went to Robert's for the Mother's Day cookout. I didn't leave until three because I just had to finish that movie! Mom even made a salad for lunch with homemade 1000 Island dressing, yummy!

I went home after the movie to get ready and check on Zoe. I headed to the store and got ground turkey for my bunless burgers. I even stopped at the farmers market for some fresh vegetables to grill. I finally got to Robert and Taylor's house around 5:30. I was supposed to be there at five but I got stuck behind a bicyclist. I wanted to accept the beer they offered so bad but I have been doing so good on my diet I just couldn't! 

Robert made all of the burger patties and got the grill ready while Mom and I cut the veggies up. I seasoned them with butter and an Italian dressing packet. While Robert grilled the rest of us sat at the table and talked. It was so nice to have all of the family together!


The whole spread looked amazing and the only thing I really missed out on was the bun and the sweet potato fries. I know my Mom was loving her day with all of us! She has been trying to get us all together for over a month now! We enjoyed our dinner and talked a little more before I had to leave to go see my Mother in law.


I went to see her and give her gift to her. She wasn't expecting anything so I loved the look on her face! She was so excited! She absolutely loved it. I had used Beth's idea and made her a movie basket. I got a popcorn bucket and filled it with a box of popcorn, a Pepsi, a chocolate covered rose and five dollars so that she could pick out her own movie! Travis had helped me pick everything while we were on the phone. She loved hearing that!


I knew that it was about time for Travis to stop for the night so I hung out at his folks for a while. I was pretty sure he would call his Mom first so I wanted to see her face light up and boy did! It was so sweet! They talked for a little while and then I talked to him for a few minutes. He said I could call him when I got home. I started to watch this cute movie The Zookeeper with them but I got sleepy so I headed home. 

I talked to Travis for about thirty minutes. He was in Stanford, CT for the night! That's where the WWE headquarters is so we thought that was funny. He was telling me all about his trainer and how he is from NC. He sounded like a pretty cool dude which I am happy about. That was one of the things I was most worried about. After we got done talking I talked to Beth for a few minutes and then I was ready for bed! Good night everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment