Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Walk Hard

This week was a wild one! Last Sunday, October 4, our nephew Sawyer decided he wanted to make an early appearance! My sister in law went in to labor at 33 weeks pregnant. They could not stop the labor and had to do an emergency c-section because he was breach. Robert Sawyer was born at 7 pm and weighed 4 pounds and 13 ounces. He is doing really well! He's a little fighter for sure! He will be in the NICU for a while but he is so strong!!!



It was strange going to the hospital without Travis. It was my first time being in there since we had Logan back in June. I talked to Travis quite a few times that night while we were waiting for them to finish the surgery. I know he felt terrible to not be there. It kind of made me laugh though. Before he left he made a joke about the movie Walk Hard. We were talking about how his friend Casey's baby was due right around the time he would be leaving, thankfully he came before Travis left so he got to meet him! He joked and quoted a line from the movie, "I'm gonna miss some things, okay ?I'm gonna miss some birthdays and some christenings. I'm gonna miss some births, period." I laughed so hard!! We didn't realize that he was going to miss little Sawyer coming into the world! I've been sending him tons of pictures though!!! He also gave me some input on our baby shower gift over the phone.



Travis and his trainer have spent most of the last week hopping back and forth between Georgia and Texas. I think they have now been to every major city in Texas! Thankfully he is still enjoying himself out there. I know he had a rough day earlier this week. He was very homesick. I miss him so much, but I know its 100 times harder for him because he doesn't have his family to lean on.



I have been so busy trying to stay busy that I haven't written a blog in a while! Last night Travis told me I need to hurry up because he is a fan and is ready to read!!!! I've been spending my time recovering from bronchitis (which took two weeks!!!), working and shopping for sweet baby Sawyer's baby shower! One of the gifts we got him was the most precious blanket that was embroidered with his name and a fox to matchhis nursery! A friend from high school made it for him! She does amazing work!



For the past two days we thought we were going to get to see each other! It's been driving me nuts that they haven't gotten here yet! They have to come back to the Charlotte terminal to get their truck maintenanced. They keep getting another load on the way back and this last load can't be delivered until tomorrow morning. Supposedly they will be back in town tomorrow afternoon and get to stay the night. I'm hoping it actually happens!!! Cant wait to see him! When they go back out after the maintenance he only has one week left of training. The longest times away from each other are almost over!

Sawyer's baby shower

No comments:

Post a Comment